Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

2012 NYC ING Marathon Countdown 6 Days: Charlie Brown Wisdom in the Eye of Hurricane Sandy



No trekking today, not even a walk beyond the corner deli in the morning. A hurricane isn't a coming. Hurricane Sandy is here. So, what is one do?

New York City Transit is shut down. Offices and schools are closed. Which means, quality timing with your loved ones, catching up with cleaning, reading. Snuggling under blankets, playing boardgames, watching videos, storm tracking on every electronic device we own, etc. We may even be doing some sprints of reflecting. "What if today, we were just grateful for everything!"

There is always something in our lives we wish we could change. Maybe it is due to something we feel we are lacking in, is too much of or not the right fit.

But why not give this saying a shot in the arm or buttocks? See how it feels.

Being grateful for everything with a special shout out to my friends who love to share and pass around pearls of wisdom like this. I keep a bunch in my pocket (figuratively speaking, though I do keep fortune cookie pearls in my wallet) that I like to pull out on rainy days to keep me going. On days that feel like hurricanes, sometimes three.

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...