Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Can You Feel It?! 20.52M Charity Miles for the Micheal J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

This saying says exactly how I felt yesterday SORE but not SORRY!! 

On Sunday I trekked 20.5M. It was the longest distance in my training for the marathon. The first 6 miles went nice and easy. Walk-Jog. Jog-Walk. The second 6 mile stretch got harder. Though my knee brace lent support, I was starting to get sore. So we did a little more walking than jogging. And, the final loop was just a wonderful long 8.5M walk. Knowing I could go this far was the mental boost I needed to feel more confident that "I CAN, YES, I CAN!" cross the NYC ING Marathon finish! It's just 6 more miles. I still have time for lots of strength training and cardio- I am feeling it!

I started my trek in a Central Park teaming with picnicking, cycling, running, walking park goers, and more. The sun ablaze. And, ended with the twinkle, twinkle of little stars making their way into the evening sky.

I kept up with my Charity Miles treks for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research with a 2 mile walk in the rain, last night. All the while thinking, "slow and steady." The walk had the effect of a short recovery run the day after a long run and I am feeling like the bionic woman today getting, stronger, faster, better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...